Friday, May 27, 2011

Featured Seller Friday: Meet Lindsay Sapp and Betsy Crooks-Cole from PlumTuckeredDesigns!



What was the inspiration for your shop?
Last New Year's Eve, we decided over a glass of wine that we needed an outlet from teaching. We both enjoy searching for vintage treasures, and decided that we would start a new hobby!

How long have you been selling your vintage wares on Etsy?
Since January 2, 2011. We made it our New Year's Resolution!

What do you love about vintage things?
We both love the story behind the item. Where has it been? What did it mean to who it belonged to? It is fun to picture that item in it's prime.

Where do you find your vintage goodies?
Local Antique Stores. We love shopping in the Catonsville and Ellicott City historic districts near Baltimore. These are great places to visit because they have fabulous historic landmarks that can serve as great inspiration.

What is your favorite time period of vintage ?
Betsy - Loves the 50's, early 60's. "I like the Mad Men aesthetic. The clean lines of mid century modern are appealing to me and my design inspiration."
Lindsay - "I love the 30's and 40's. I'm a big romantic, so anything girly is totally me. I'm a big fan of Grace Kelly, Coco Chanel, anything Hollywood Glam is right up my alley."


Is there anything that you have for sale now that you are particularly attached to?
Betsy loves Jadeite, so she will hate to get rid of the Jadeite Teacup and Saucer we've got up for sale. I am in love with our Vintage 3 Strand Freshwater Pearls, it was a piece out of my Grandmother's jewelry box! If it doesn't sell by the time the listing expires, I think I will just keep it :-)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
We would both love to go into the Wedding planning business. For both of our weddings, we have incorporated vintage items into our decor. We love planning, crafting, and searching for just the right pieces to fit into the puzzle!

Please Visit Some Of Our Favorite Etsy Shops~!


Our Facebook Link: www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100002369570950&sk=wall

No comments:

Post a Comment