Friday, May 6, 2011

Featured Artist Friday: Meet Teri from TideTogether

 This is an interview with Teri Bildstein owner and creator of

Tide Together Jewelry and Gifts


How did you get started with making and designing jewelry?

We started beach combing a lot as a family when my son was about two. Before long I had SUCH a stash of "things". My boyfriend is an artist (Ryan Jacobson Art) and he suggested I start making things with the items we found.

Not long after - Ryan's father had a stroke. We had a benefit fundraiser and I put a few pieces into the auction. I was pretty excited when a local boutique offered to carry my pieces. Tammy's Cool Things in Easton, MD (see link below)

I also design home decor items with pieces that are too big or small for jewelry design.

How long have you been selling your pieces on Etsy?

Since February 5, 2011 - I'm still a newbie! :)

How do you go from inspiration to finished piece?

Chaos!! I work in total chaos!~ha~I spread a bunch of materials around me on the floor and dive right in.

What is your favorite material to work with? Why?

Definitely the pieces we find. They hold so many memories for me of our family time collecting at the beach.

Are you working on any new projects?


Always! I've only been designing since August 2010 so as I'm always branching out as I learn new techniques.

Do you have a favorite piece of jewelry?

Piece I can't sell - One of the first pendants I made that turned out "right". It's just a simple piece of white glass suspended from a sterling silver drop. www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.118543928207445.15893.106303166098188#!...

Piece currently for sale - I'm a sucker for yellow!!! Butter Flutterfly is my current favorite www.etsy.com/listing/73244667/butter-flutterfly-sea-glass-and-yellow?ref=pr_shop

My favorite line is my Journey collection because the cause is so close to my heart www.etsy.com/shop/TideTogether?section_id=7991397

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Hopefully catching up on all the sleep I'm missing now! I work in a medical office by day, make pieces by night, and I'm a Mamma 24/7. Along with the work I do with the crew at Creating With Compassion.I have precious little time to sleep. 

If you would like to find out more about Teri and TideTogether and other projects:



No comments:

Post a Comment